Safety Features of the 2021 Toyota Highlander
The 2021 Toyota Highlander is the latest addition to the midsize crossover SUV produced by Toyota. This SUV from Toyota has the most advanced safety features and technologies which adds confidence to the driver. It features Toyota’s flagship safety technology, the Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5+ (TSS 2.5+) which is packed with active safety features. Keep reading to learn more about the safety features of the 2021 Toyota Highlander at Lexington Toyota in Lexington, MA.
Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5+ (TSS 2.5+) in the 2021 Toyota Highlander
Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5+ (TSS 2.5+) in the 2021 Toyota Highlander features six advanced safety features:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – An integrated camera and radar system is designed to help reduce the likelihood of collisions
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – This feature uses a radar behind the Toyota badge plus a camera on the windshield designed to adjust your speed
- Lane Departure Alert – A camera on your windshield may help you avoid the consequences of unintended lane departure and alerts you.
- Automatic High Beams – A camera on your windshield aids nighttime driving by using a camera to detect headlights and taillights of preceding vehicles.
- Lane Tracing Assist – This safety feature makes use of the lines on the road to help keep you centered and in your own lane.
- Road Sign Assist – Designed to detect speed limit signs, stop signs, Do Not Enter signs, and yield signs.
Standard Safety Features in the 2021 Toyota Highlander
The standard safety features in the 2021 Toyota Highlander include Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Electronically Controlled Braking (ECB), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), and Smart Stop Technology® (SST).