With summer in full swing, many of you are probably starting to plan (or in the midst of planning) your next road trip. Road trips have a reputation of being a blast, especially when you’re able to get the whole gang together. In reality, they can take a good amount of planning ahead of time. That is, unless you’re fine with riding by the seat of your pants. However, we recommend having some sort of plan in place. That’s why we wanted to provide some tips to help you during the process.
You may also like: Tips for driving with kids
7 Tips for planning a great road trip with a group of friends
- Pick a destination – First off, you want to know where you’re going! Find a place you can all agree on that has plenty to do and is also a manageable distance from your starting point.
- Figure out a loose plan – Choose dates that work for everyone and pick a place (or places) to stay during your trip, even if you don’t make reservations yet.
- Make a list of activities and attractions – Think through the spots at your destination, or along the way, that you definitely want to visit. Although you may find some extra stops along the way, it’s good to have a list to start with.
- Get your car checked out – Before you take off, you’ll want to make sure your vehicle is ready to handle the trip. Get the fluids topped off, make sure your tires are filled, and take care of any required service before you leave.
- Have plenty of entertainment options – Download some playlists, podcasts, and/or audiobooks for everyone to enjoy. Also, be sure to back books, games, and other hands-on activities to break up the trip. The last thing you’d want is to be bored after just a few hours on the road.
- Don’t be afraid to break from the plan – That’s why we call it a loose plan. If some great opportunity presents itself, go for it! That is, as long as everyone agrees to it.
- Have fun! – Road trips can be stressful. But don’t forget to relax and have some fun. Try not to worry if you get set back a few hours or a bout of construction sets you off your original course. Take everything in stride and enjoy your time with friends!
Read more: Tips for driving with a pet
If you need to prepare your car for an upcoming road trip, bring it to our service professionals at Lexington Toyota. Safe travels!
Easy Related Posts
Where are some bookstores near Lexington to check out?
Bookstores near Lexington MA Fall is almost here. The air is starting to cool and there ...read more
Where are there some farms to visit to during Fall?
Pumpkin Patches and Farms near Lexington MA Put on your favorite pair of boots and bring your pumpkin ...read more
Where can I find local farmer’s markets near Lexington MA?
Farmer's Markets Near Lexington MA Summer is all about going outdoors and enjoying the fresh air. ...read more
When to use the Recirculation Button in your Toyota
Toyota Recirculation Button and when to utilize it If you have ever looked at your Toyota ...read more