2021 Toyota+Alexa App Setup Guide
Not many automakers have been as committed to offering their customers access to as much advanced technology as Toyota. Some of the standard technology features found with most 2020, 2021, and presumably 2022 Toyota vehicles will include smartphone-compatible infotainment systems with broad access to both the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ suites of applications, a high-speed Wi-Fi hotspot, and, of course, compatibility with Amazon Alexa. Our team has come to love using this feature in their personal vehicles and thought it would be helpful to provide a 2021 Toyota+Alexa setup guide for Apple iOS and Android users. Let’s see what they came up with.
READ MORE: What can Toyota+Alexa help me find?
Install Toyota+Alexa in 2021 cars, trucks and SUVs
The first thing people will need to do is download and install the Toyota app and the Toyota+Alexa app. Be sure to download these applications separately and follow the setup instructions on your device’s screen. Please allow or accept all the permissions the applications ask for.
- Open the Toyota+Alexa app and tap ‘Get Started.’
- Select ‘Open” to allow the application to open Amazon and then sign in using the same credentials you would use to order something from Amazon. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you will need to create one to use Toyota+Alexa. Accept the terms, conditions and allow permissions that come next.
- When asked about location-based voice services (weather, traffic and points of interest), click ‘Use my current location,’ followed by ‘Always Allow.’
- Do the same thing when asked about navigation applications.
- Connect your phone to the vehicle’s infotainment system via Bluetooth®
If this is the first time you are utilizing the Toyota+Alexa app, it will take you through a basic tutorial on connection protocols and how to use the system’s basic features. Make an appointment with a Lexington Toyota product expert today if you would like to see a demonstration of this technology or if you have run into some problems along the way.